- In the summer and autumn seasons, these critters can be really annoying. But for the allergic, the results of their stings can range from swelling to life threatening conditions.
- These little insects can hang out in gardens, but they can enter homes in search of food crumbs. They can even get in to food laid out on dining tables or in the kitchen if you’re not careful.
- Bed Bugs. These can make it very difficult for you to get some good quality sleep. Getting rid of them isn’t easy either unless you call in a pro.
- Fleas (Cat & Dog). Fleas can come in to your home or to your office when they hitch a ride on your clothes. Your pets may also get them when they socialize with other pets, or even when they’re just outside.
- These insects can crawl through even the tiniest cracks in search of damp and dark corners in which to nest. These prefer undisturbed storage places, and only a pro can find them all in your home.
- Most people just find them disgusting. They carry disease and damage property.
- Having bees around that can sting you isn’t exactly fun and they can hurt children.
- These also spread diseases in their droppings and urine, plus they can be very destructive,
- You may find these animals in your loft, in holes in the walls, and between false walls.
- These animals can damage your yard as they build their tunnels underneath.
Queen wasps emerge (and begin building new nests) during the spring, but for many people, they are so much more than a ‘nuisance’. They bring a very serious threat – with stings capable of causing swelling, sharp pain or life threatening conditions. Our wasp control Colchester experts can ensure your home or business is free from wasps, allowing you to get back to your life, whilst enjoying the warmer weather without fear of being stung.read more
Spread throughout parks, gardens and woods, squirrels may not be the most feared pest in the UK, however, grey squirrels are very resolute, and when they scurry into holes in the walls, or between false walls, they’re very difficult to get rid of. They have been known to bite through roofs, causing serious damage and costly repairs.read more
Possibly one of the most feared rodent pests in the UK, rats can spread diseases, whilst they are known to damage woodwork, plastic, bricks and lead pipes. When you combine these potential issues with the fact that rats are incredibly agile and can breed rapidly, a professional pest control expert is a must – especially if you want to completely eradicate an infestation.read more
The number of fabric-destroying moths continues to rise in the UK and this is largely due to an increase in natural fibres as well as improved central heating systems and drier homes. They’re more than capable of ruining clothing, carpet, drapes, upholstery and bedding, whilst they may even contaminate food in your home, so it’s important moth infestations are dealt with quickly and effectively.read more
Moles may not necessarily be a physical threat to people, but they can cause significant damage to gardens and landscapes, mainly by building their tunnels underneath, damaging the root system of lawns and ornamental plants. If you spot raised areas or tunnels in your lawn, it’s highly like you have a mole problem, so don’t let it get out of control!read more
Like rats, mice can also spread diseases in their droppings and urine, whilst they can be very destructive, gnawing on plastic and wooden furniture. Being incredibly flexible, these clever little creatures can easily reach kitchens, basements, lofts, garages and cavity walls. If you’ve recently heard scratching sounds or seen droppings, it’s essential you contact North Essex Pest Control as soon as possible because they will multiply rapidly.read more
Fleas can arrive in your home after hitching a ride on your dog, cat or your clothes. They are parasites that feed on the blood of any warm-blooded bodies, causing irritation, intense itching or sore skin. They can also transmit a variety of viral, bacterial and rickettsial diseases, so if you’re having issues in your property, we are best placed to eradicate flea infestations.read more
Cockroaches prefer undisturbed storage places, whilst they may arrive in your property via unnoticeable cracks or pipes, whilst some may even hitchhike on the cardboard boxes or shopping bags that you bring home. Common places cockroaches are found include behind fridges, under sinks and in dark cabinets. Only a professional like North Essex Pest Control can eradicate cockroach infestations once and for all.read more
Possibly the hardest working flying insects, bees can be fascinating to watch, however, they can hurt children and cause serious problems such as dizziness or difficulty breathing. In some cases, they can cause severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), which can be life threating. That said, with 25% of all bee types now endangered, eradication would always be the very last option for any professional pest controller, yet we can ensure issues are properly managed using the latest bee control techniques.read more
Bed bugs can make it very difficult for you to get some good quality sleep, whilst they are known to feed on the blood of animals and humans. These tiny critters multiply promptly, and in just six months several bed bugs can turn into a mammoth infestation of over 10,000! It’s therefore important to act fast and break the cycle before it gets out of hand – and that’s where our highly trained, friendly and experienced team can help.read more
Tiny, intelligent and hardworking. These are just a few words we’d use to describe ants, however they can also be incredibly infuriating, especially when the queen lays thousands of eggs and the colony grows. Most ants live in the countryside and don’t cause too much bother, however, certain species make their way into our homes and businesses, making incredibly large nests as they search for food sources. We can quickly identify their access points, whilst focusing our extermination techniques on the queens that have made nests within your property or grounds.read more